Countrywide Rent-A-Car

Countrywide Rent-A-Car Your Insurance Replacement Leader Providing Cars, Trucks, Minivans, and SUVs.
Featuring 12-15 passenger vans.

Phone: (315) 265-1850
Fax: (315) 262-0301
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Sunday: Closed

Schedule a Rental


What are the age requirements to rent a vehicle?

You must be 25 years of age to rent a vehicle. Persons under the age of 25 (18-24) may rent vehicles however you will incur a surcharge of up to $55 per day.

How do I book a vehicle?

You can access our 4 step online booking system by selecting the 'Reservations' link or the 'Start Here' graphic in the 'User Control Panel' box.
First time users will be asked to create a User Name and a Password on step 3 of the reservation form. Returning users should log in using the login form. Once you submit your reservation, it is sent to our main office. We will then contact you to confirm it. You will also receive an email confirmation from us shortly there after. Alternately you may call us at (315) 265-1850 during normal business hours for quick assistance or to make your reservation/booking by phone.

Do I need to pre-pay for my booking?

No. You may pay the initial charges at pick up by Credit Card.

Should I order optional extras during booking?

If you require any child seats, GPS system or other extras, we advise you to order in advance during booking to enable us to hold the equipment for you. You may buy others such as optional insurance waiver and register additional drivers either during booking or at pick up.

Can I change my reservation once it is booked?

Yes, If you reserved online, you may view, change or cancel your reservation from the links in your 'User Control Panel' . You must log in to have full access to your user control panel. All changes are sent to CountryWide Rental Cars and will take effect from the date received. However, if the change needs to be made in less than 48 hours to pick up time, you should Phone us at 315-265-1850. The number is also listed on our contact page.
IMPORTANT: If you made your reservation by Phone or Walk-in at Countrywide, you MUST phone 315-265-1850 to change or cancel your reservation.

Can I cancel my reservation?

Yes, you may cancel a reservation made online from your user control panel after you log into the site. Depending on the date you cancel, cancellation charges may apply. If your reservation was made by Phone or Walk-in, you must phone 315-265-1850 to cancel.

Can I rent a car without a major credit card?

No you may not. We must have a credit card on file to cover the insurance excess amounts, fuel, extended rental period, traffic fines. To do so, a valid credit card in the name of the renter, must be provided upon vehicle pick up.

Can I travel to Canada?

Yes. Our vehicles are covered for use in both Canada and USA. Please note that if you are a Canadian resident, Canadian customs officials may deny you entry into Canada with a US registered rental car. Optional Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) does not apply for Canadian travel.

Can I return the vehicle out of normal business hours?

Yes you can however you must notify us by phone during normal business hours prior to the return date to make arrangements. Returns out of normal business hours may be charged an additional fee.

May I return earlier/later than the date/time in the rental agreement?

You may return at a different date/time but you must inform us in advance.

Can I pick up my car out of office hours?

No, we do not offer vehicle pick up outside of our normal business hours.

What is a CDW waiver?

Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is not insurance. It is an option that relieves the renter of financial responsibility if the car is damaged or stolen while under rental contract. If you chose to decline CDW and the rental vehicle is damaged or stolen, your credit card will be immediately charged for your insurance deductible. Additionally, you may be responsible for loss-of-use charges while the vehicle is out of service for repair.

Please Note: CDW is limited to collision damage only. CDW does not cover damage normally covered by Comprehensive Insurance (glass damage, etc.)

What sort of driving license must I have?

All drivers must provide a valid state or international driver's license held at least 2 years.

What if I don't have automobile insurance in my name?

All renters must provide proof of current automobile insurance in their name. If you do not have automobile insurance in your name, you may purchase Countrywide's uninsured motorist coverage for up to $100 per day. Please note that Countrywide's uninsured motorist coverage is limited to use only in New York State.